New court docket documents supply more details about an estate dispute between two sons of a few whose 2019 deaths in Dieppe continue to be unsolved.
The bodies of Bernard Saulnier, 78, and his spouse, Rose-Marie Saulnier, 74, have been located inside their house on Sept. 7, 2019. Police have identified as their fatalities homicides and explained they have been not random.
Their son, Luc Saulnier, is the executor of their estate, but files not too long ago filed indicate he is hesitant to distribute the couple’s estate presented uncertainties about the findings of the coroner and law enforcement reviews.
The document filed Aug. 5 is a assertion of defence on behalf of the couple’s estate and estate executor Luc Saulnier. Earlier this year, Luc’s brother Sylvio Sauliner sought a courtroom buy to unseal the probate files and release his share of the estate.
Luc and Sylvio were the only two beneficiaries of the estate. Sylvio Sauliner alleged in a assertion of declare the probate files had been sealed and distribution of the estate set on keep pending the conclusion of the law enforcement investigation.
The assertion of defence denies that, as a substitute saying it is subject matter to receiving remarkable funds from the insurers and establishments that maintain them.
But it also says Luc Saulnier is even now awaiting a duplicate of the coroner’s report and police report with regards to the deaths of his mothers and fathers. It suggests some establishments is not going to give a payout until they acquire and evaluate people reports.
“The executor Luc Saulnier is hesitant to make a substantial distribution of the estates at this time primarily based on the truth that the monies owing to the estates or the named beneficiaries might not be compensated out based on the coroner’s report and the police report,” says the statement of defence filed by law firm Catherine Hirbour.
The statement of defence rejects the claim that there is no legitimate rationale to hold off distributing the estate.
“Presented the sudden passing of Bernard A. Saulnier and Rose-Marie Saulnier as well as the absence of obtain to their home to get documents and documents, the complexity of administering [the estate] has elevated and for that reason the timeline for carrying out so has been impacted,” it states.
Cpl. Hans Ouellette, a spokesperson for New Brunswick RCMP, claimed in an emailed statement Thursday that police proceed to examine the deaths of Bernard and Rose-Marie Saulnier. That assertion matched just one presented before this calendar year.
In December 2019, attorneys representing Luc Saulnier used to have the probate data files, typically general public data, sealed to prevent anyone from accessing them.
Court docket of Queen’s Bench Justice Jean-Paul Ouellette wrote in a determination that was sought supplied the “absence of additional information about the motive and identification of the murderer(s), the possibility to the survivors simply cannot properly be estimated.”
The decide wrote in January 2020 that sealing the records would protect the spouse and children supplied an “absence of facts about the motives and identities of the assassin or murderers.”
Sylvio Saulnier was billed in February with possession of methamphetamine and cocaine for the goal of trafficking as nicely as conspiring with quite a few other persons to commit an indictable offence. The alleged offences occurred concerning July 4, 2019, and Sept. 1, 2019.
Sylvio Saulnier owned a duplex on Dominion Road that was raided by RCMP on Aug. 28, 2019, as part of an alleged drug-trafficking procedure. The fees allege he possessed methamphetamine and cocaine on Aug. 28, 2019, the day of the RCMP searches.
His moms and dads have been identified lifeless 10 times afterwards. Police have not claimed if the two occasions are connected.